Aug 18, 2007

Chapter 92: Angadh’s feet

Ravana belittles Angadh’s presence by saying that Rama is a coward. Angadh, full of confidence, introduces himself as Vaali’s son. Ravana asks how he can support Rama as Rama killed his pop. Angadh replies “I go against adharm (injustice). If my pop is adharm, I go against him. I wonder how Meghnath is silent seeing your adharm.”
Meghnath: “Don’t cross the border of being a messenger.”
A: “The conversation is between me and your pop. Why do you interfere?” He then asks Ravana again to let go of Sita. Ravana again belittles Rama saying he is just a manav. Angadh gets angry and asks him to test Rama.

He says he (Angadh) is one percent of Rama’s strength. And he puts one foot on earth firmly and asks him to remove it if he can. No one in palace can, individually or in group. Inluding Meghnath. Ravana himself comes. But Angadh backs off, saying no need to touch his feet. "Touch Rama’s". Saying thus he goes off, “Prepare for war!”

No comments: